Aotearoa New Zealand update | December 2021
As I am sure all our members are aware, the Aotearoa New Zealand team is very much looking forward to a Christmas break. Our office will be shut from 12pm on Christmas Eve and reopen on January 10. We all hope you and your whanau have an excellent holiday and a very Meri Kirihimete.
Looking forward to 2022
One of the catchwords in our new world is no doubt ‘agile’. In 2022 that’s what we are aiming for in our training and member services. This will include:
- A new conflict coaching course
- Online options for our five-day mediation course
- Professional development courses of three to four sessions on a number of topics such as negotiation
- A three-session Family Dispute Resolution online conference
- More Farm Debt Mediation training
- More of our excellent webinars.
Laura Collins, our Professional Development and Training Manager is putting together some very exciting events. Please keep your eyes open for upcoming announcements.
Professional indemnity insurance
We have recently heard from some of our members that their personal PI insurance premiums have increased substantially.
Resolution Institute has a group plan that is available to all Professional and Restorative Justice members.
Key features include:
- Professional indemnity insurance up to $20 million for any one claim and $100 million in the aggregate. Please note that this is a master policy with shared limit amongst all Resolution Institute policy holder members.
- Public liability insurance up to $20 million cover (any one occurrence).
- Zero excess for professional indemnity and public liability claims.
- Unlimited retroactive cover for your past activities.
- Free 'run-off' cover for members who retire from practising.
The annual premium is $270 AUD and you can find out more information and apply here.
COVID-19 – our office and workshops
Now that we have entered the traffic light system it is time to review requirements to visit our office or hiring our rooms, as well as attendance at our training sessions.
To be able to visit our office you will need to:
- Be fully vaccinated
- Wear face coverings when in the common areas of the office and building
- Sign-in for contact tracing
- Not visit if you feel unwell or are sick
At this stage we have closed our hire rooms for the rest of 2021 and are considering reopening them in 2022 whilst we are in orange. I know a number of our members value being able to hold meetings at our offices in Wellington. However, Resolution Institute’s priority is to provide a workplace for our team that is safe and minimises the chances of contracting COVID-19.
Likewise, in relation to requirements to attend our training, we are still considering these as well as deciding if we run them face-to-face or online. We want to ensure they go ahead and will decide the best way for this to happen. We will announce these requirements in the new year.
Please enjoy the break and let’s all hope we have a great 2022.