Learning & events
Webinar | Managing risk and good business practice
with Trevor Slater and Wayne Trezona
Tuesday 25 February 2020 | Online
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM (AEDT)
Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Managing risk and good business practice
We all have plans in place, both for business and privately, to help us reach our goals. However, there are risks associated with these activities that may well prevent you from reaching your goals, that are often not planned for.
Trevor Slater, General Manager, NZ and Wayne Trezona from Insurance Advisernet will share practical tips and guidance about how to analyse and mitigate risk in your dispute resolution business. They’ll cover:
- The risk analysis process 1:01
- Mitigating actions for risk
- Record keeping to protect yourself in times of complaints
- Not being lazy or getting too friendly with clients
- The value of a complaints process and using it to improve business
This webinar, which is free for members, offers an opportunity to reflect and/or revisit with this important topic in order to protect yourself and your business.
Register yourself and gain valuable CPD points.
Can’t attend? Register anyway and we’ll send you the recording within 5 working days after the event.
About the speaker
Prior to taking up the role of General Manager, Trevor was one of the New Zealand representatives on the Resolution Institute Board. He led the way in updating the risk plan for the business and continues to monitor it on an ongoing basis. Trevor has run many training sessions on risk analysis and mitigation.
Trevor will be joined by…
In conjunction with Astute and Insurance Advisernet Resolution Institute has been able to create access to a professional indemnity and public liability group cover plan. Members can obtain cover at extremely good rates.
Accessing the webinar
Webinars are run using Zoom as our online platform.
How do I access the ‘live’ webinar?
How do I access the video of the webinar afterwards?
You will be sent the video recording of the webinar within approximately 5 working days of the live webinar having run. The link to the recording of this webinar will remain active for at least 3 months from the date the webinar was run. After the webinar has run, we consult with the given presenter as to whether extended availability is possible, we are therefore not able to guarantee access beyond 3 months.
What do I need on my computer or device to watch a webinar?
- Download and install the Zoom application appropriate for your device.
You may join the webinar from your PC, Mac, Linux or mobile devices (IOS or Android). Click here to learn about:
- Supported operating systems, tablets and mobile devices
- Supported browsers
- Required device processor and RAM
- Join a Zoom test meeting to test your Internet connectivity.
- Check here for recommended Internet bandwidth.
- You will need speakers or headphones to listen to the speaker. Check that your headphones or speakers are connected and the volume is turned on (where applicable).
- You may also need to check the Audio Settings on Zoom once you have logged in.
How can I access technical support?
- Resolution Institute Sydney office : +61 2 9251 3366 (Landline) | 1800 651 650 (Freecall)
- Resolution Institute Wellington office: +64 4 470 0110 (Landline) | 0800 453 237 (Freecall)
Zoom Help Centre
If you require urgent assistance and are unable to reach the Resolution Institute office, please contact Zoom Help Centre and choose Free or Pro plan subscribers - Chat Live to begin the chat session. You will be required to provide the event’s Webinar ID that’s on your confirmation email. Zoom chat support is available 24/7.