Learning & events
Webinar | Mediating via videoconference for FDRPs
with Helen Jarvis
Tuesday 22 September 2020 | Online
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM (AEST)
Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Mediating via videoconference for FDRPs
The COVID context has created an opportunity for practitioners to refine the skills needed to work with clients in an online mode. This webinar will explore:
Research regarding therapeutic rapport in a video conference mode
Additional considerations for risk assessment and safety planning
Tools and techniques when mediating using video conference
Managing high conflict in an online mode
Register yourself and gain valuable CPD points.
About the speaker
Helen is a Nationally Accredited Mediator, Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner, Child Consultant, Facilitator of Restorative Engagement conferences and Clinical Supervisor in private practice. She supports individuals and organisations to have the difficult conversations that often accompany the distress and conflict typically experienced during periods of change.
Helen is also a trainer for the College of Law and Relationships Australia. She teaches the National Mediator Training Programme and subjects of the Graduate Diploma of Family Dispute Resolution. She also runs workshops on the skills required to support difficult conversations; Accidental Counsellor, Conflict Resolution, Performance Management and Negotiation Skills.
Accessing the webinar
Webinars are run using Zoom as our online platform.
How do I access the ‘live’ webinar?
How do I access the video of the webinar afterwards?
You will be sent the video recording of the webinar within approximately 5 working days of the live webinar having run. The link to the recording of this webinar will remain active for at least 3 months from the date the webinar was run. After the webinar has run, we consult with the given presenter as to whether extended availability is possible, we are therefore not able to guarantee access beyond 3 months.
What do I need on my computer or device to watch a webinar?
- Download and install the Zoom application appropriate for your device.
You may join the webinar from your PC, Mac, Linux or mobile devices (IOS or Android). Click here to learn about:
- Supported operating systems, tablets and mobile devices
- Supported browsers
- Required device processor and RAM
- Join a Zoom test meeting to test your Internet connectivity.
- Check here for recommended Internet bandwidth.
- You will need speakers or headphones to listen to the speaker. Check that your headphones or speakers are connected and the volume is turned on (where applicable).
- You may also need to check the Audio Settings on Zoom once you have logged in.
How can I access technical support?
- Resolution Institute Sydney office : +61 2 9251 3366 (Landline) | 1800 651 650 (Freecall)
- Resolution Institute Wellington office: +64 4 470 0110 (Landline) | 0800 453 237 (Freecall)
Zoom Help Centre
If you require urgent assistance and are unable to reach the Resolution Institute office, please contact Zoom Help Centre and choose Free or Pro plan subscribers - Chat Live to begin the chat session. You will be required to provide the event’s Webinar ID that’s on your confirmation email. Zoom chat support is available 24/7.