Learning & events
Webinar | How I quit my day job, developed a mediation practice and didn’t starve in the process
with Andrew Moffat
Thursday 12 March 2020 | Online
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM (AEDT)
Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
How I quit my day job, developed a mediation practice and didn’t starve in the process
Many aspiring mediators struggle because they focus exclusively on the practice of mediation and overlook the business of mediation. This distinction matters, because without a disciplined approach to commercial aspects – put simply, being engaged by disputants – the enormous satisfaction of guiding parties to a resolution can’t be achieved.
Andrew started his practice with the benefit of deep commercial experience from his former careers in finance, but he is confident that, by answering the right questions of themselves and following some processes with discipline and stamina, any good mediator can build a practice in the right arena for them.
This webinar will discuss those questions and processes, so that the scary amorphous challenge of building a practice becomes something much more manageable. But not easy.
Register yourself and gain valuable CPD points.
Can’t attend? Register anyway and we’ll send you the recording within 5 working days after the event.
About the speaker
Accessing the webinar
Webinars are run using Zoom as our online platform.
How do I access the ‘live’ webinar?
How do I access the video of the webinar afterwards?
You will be sent the video recording of the webinar within approximately 5 working days of the live webinar having run. The link to the recording of this webinar will remain active for at least 3 months from the date the webinar was run. After the webinar has run, we consult with the given presenter as to whether extended availability is possible, we are therefore not able to guarantee access beyond 3 months.
What do I need on my computer or device to watch a webinar?
- Download and install the Zoom application appropriate for your device.
You may join the webinar from your PC, Mac, Linux or mobile devices (IOS or Android). Click here to learn about:
- Supported operating systems, tablets and mobile devices
- Supported browsers
- Required device processor and RAM
- Join a Zoom test meeting to test your Internet connectivity.
- Check here for recommended Internet bandwidth.
- You will need speakers or headphones to listen to the speaker. Check that your headphones or speakers are connected and the volume is turned on (where applicable).
- You may also need to check the Audio Settings on Zoom once you have logged in.
How can I access technical support?
- Resolution Institute Sydney office : +61 2 9251 3366 (Landline) | 1800 651 650 (Freecall)
- Resolution Institute Wellington office: +64 4 470 0110 (Landline) | 0800 453 237 (Freecall)
Zoom Help Centre
If you require urgent assistance and are unable to reach the Resolution Institute office, please contact Zoom Help Centre and choose Free or Pro plan subscribers - Chat Live to begin the chat session. You will be required to provide the event’s Webinar ID that’s on your confirmation email. Zoom chat support is available 24/7.