Learning & events
Webinar | The role of ADR in organisational change with David Bryson
Date TBA | Zoom Webinar
Monday, 19 November 2018
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM (AEDT) | 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM (NZDT)
Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Technology required: Zoom application, PC/laptop/tablet/smartphone, sound/speakers or a headset.
The role of ADR in organisational change
Does ADR have application in the unpredictable course of organisational change and the transition experienced by those involved? This presentation claims it does but not without adapting the principles and practices of ADR in all its forms to the complexities of organisational change.
The role of the dispute resolver in organisational change requires mapping skills (to analyse what is going on and design the most appropriate ADR processes to meet business needs), flexibility of ADR approach (to reflect the context of change for the organisation and individuals involved), and a political savvy (to avoid the inevitability of being “captured” by the organisation and rendered less effectual).
This workshop explores these dynamics from the presenter’s experience, and suggests a consulting-mediation approach. The workshop identifies key issues that confront the ADR practitioner and offers guidelines for how ADR practitioners used to a more structured dispute resolution environment can begin to navigate the shark-infested waters of organisational change!
Can’t attend? Register anyway and we’ll send you the recording within 5 working days after the event.
About the presenter
David specialises in consulting in the public and tertiary sectors focussing on dispute resolution capacity building and change. He is a coach and adviser to senior executives in the public sector.
David’s academic background includes postgraduate degrees from Oxford University (Social Anthropology), and RMIT, Melbourne (Business Studies - Organisational Change).
David’s appointment as an ADR expert have included –
- Assistant Commissioner with the Victorian Equal Opportunity Commission
- Circuit Breaker Facilitator with the Australian Energy Market Operator (NEMMCO)
- Principal Examiner, Law Institute of Victoria’s Mediation Specialisation program
- External Consultant to the Melbourne University’s Residential Colleges
- Conciliation Officer, Professional Development, Victorian Accident Compensation Conciliation Service
- Mediation Panel Native Title, Federal Court of Australia
- Member of the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal’s Mediator Panel
- Specialist Mediation Panel, Australian Small Business Family Enterprise Ombudsman
- Project Manager Neighbourhood Mediation Centres, Victoria
David has written widely on conciliation practice and theory. In 2014 David received a LEADR Award for Significant Contribution to Dispute Resolution in Australia.
Registration and login details
Detailed login information will be emailed to registrants as soon as the registration process is completed.
If you are unable to attend the event, this session will be recorded and all registered participants will receive access to the recording 5 working days after the event. You will have access to the recording until 31 December 2018.
This event will contribute 1 hour of CPD under NMAS and Resolution Institute accreditation schemes.
Resolution Institute, Sydney, (02) 9251 3366
Resolution Institute, Wellington, (04) 470 0110