Family law practice: arbitration of property disputes
29 September 2017
Friday 29 September
Arbitration has been possible in property cases under the Family Law Act for 25 years. With new rules introduced in 2016 all the elements have been put in place to provide a comprehensive system as an alternative to litigation through the courts. With appropriate use of arbitration and/or family dispute resolution, clients will increasingly be able to resolve their family law disputes, or at least narrow the issues which a judge may need to determine.
Join the Newcastle Chapter for a CPD seminar workshop on property dispute resolution that is being organised in collaboration with University of Newcastle Law School and the Newcastle Law Society. The following speakers will present in the seminar:
- Judge Steven Middleton, Federal Circuit Court, Newcastle
- The Hon. Peter Rose, AM, QC
- Giles Coakes, Former Federal Circuit Court Judge
- Professor Patrick Parkinson, University of Sydney
- Christopher White, President of Hunter Valley Family Law Practitioners Association
- Julie Kearney, Barrister, Newcastle Chambers
Learn from the experts in the field and gain valuable CPD points.
About Resolution Institute
Resolution Institute is a vibrant community of DR practitioners. Created as a result of the integration of LEADR with IAMA in 2014, we are a not-for-profit organisation with more than 4,000 members in Australia, New Zealand and the Asia Pacific region.