Learning & events
Conflict Management Coaching training | Sydney | 18-21 May 2020
Monday 18 May - Thursday 21 May 2020 | Sydney
Attend Resolution Institute's CINERGY® conflict management coaching workshop to become a trained coach who supports and helps an individual to deal with specific conflict situations.
Conflict management coaching brings together coaching and alternative dispute resolution in a powerful process which supports people to reach their goals in the way they manage conflict. It is useful as an early intervention strategy, in situations where parties may not be ready or able to bring the conflict into the open, or where there are habitual patterns of destructive conflict. Conflict management coaching can be used to prepare people to engage more effectively in negotiation, mediation, relational conflict and change. It can also assist in minimising the risk of psychological workplace injury.
"It was presented in a clear, easy to follow manner."
"Really enjoyed the workshop and the way it was delivered. Met my expectations in every way."
"Capacity of the model to be used in a variety of situations."
"Being able to practice the method and receive very constructive feedback from other participants, the trainer and coach mentors was very beneficial."
"Experience of being the client and unravelling real conflicts."
"Would recommend this workshop unreservedly."
Continuing professional development
This course contributes up to 29 hours continuing Professional Development under the National Mediation Accreditation System (NMAS). Participants may receive up to 31 Continuing Coaching Education Units as approved by the International Coach Federation as follows: 26 hours ICF Core Competencies; and 5 hours Resource Development.
Who is this training for?
- anyone keen to add conflict coaching to their professional skill set
- those who are interested in developing their negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- professionals who advise clients, manage staff or facilitate planning and decision making
- those who handle disputes in commercial, government, not-for-profit or community sectors
- HR professionals
- those wishing to become professional conflict coaches
There are no prerequisites for this course.
You will be learning to...
- Identify the unique principles and methods of conflict management coaching
- Explore the framework that underpins conflict management coaching
- Learn and practice the stages of CINERGY® conflict management coaching
- Reflect on and gain a better understanding of their own skills in managing conflict and change
- Learn how to empower individuals to identify their own solutions
- Develop skills to be an effective conflict management coach
- Learn how to use this method as effective preparation for mediation
- Gain an appreciation of the many applications and uses of conflict management coaching
- Learn to apply different conflict management coaching strategies
- Develop an understanding of the conflict cycle and learn about the Not-so merry go round of conflict.
As a trained CINERGY® conflict management coach, you will be able to coach individuals to:
- Reflect on and gain a better understanding on their approach to conflict
- Help shift destructive reactions to more constructive responses
- Communicate effectively in conflict situations
- Develop skills to manage disputes more collaboratively.
About our trainers
Lynora has used the CINERGY® model of conflict management coaching since training with Cinnie Noble in 2005 and has trained others in its use since 2007. Lynora finds it an invaluable tool to assist individuals to develop and enhance their own conflict competency, to manage interpersonal and workplace conflict and prepare for, or debrief after, difficult conversations, investigations, negotiations or mediation. With a focus on leadership development and conflict management, Lynora has her own consultancy, Redefinity, specialising in leadership coaching and mentoring, workplace and commercial mediation, team dynamics assessments and conflict coaching.
Julie has worked in Canada and Australia with CINERGY® founder, Cinnie Noble, and has been training in this model in Australia since 2006. Julie has used conflict management coaching extensively with senior managers and staff to assist them to manage workplace conflict. Julie has worked as a consultant across public, private, educational and community organisations for the past 30 years. She has extensive experience in training and development, conflict management processes, mediation, counselling, coaching and supervision in a wide variety of organisations and settings.
Noelene is based in Sydney Australia, Noelene has 20 years' experience in senior Human Resources and Industrial Relations and for the last 10 years has focused on ADR as a CINERGY® Conflict Management Coach, Facilitator and Mediator through her company Good Outcome Mediation and Conflict Resolution. She has worked extensively in government and introduced ADR and workplace training programs based on the CINERGY® model and is now an accredited CMC trainer. Noelene has a passion for coaching and mediation inspired by the transformation it provides for clients and teams in conflict and distress. She has a warm and empathetic style sharpened by insight and softened by humour.'
This workshop will be led by one of these trainers along with our coaching pool of highly experienced conflict coaches.
Your next steps
After graduating from this workshop, to become accredited you will need to:
Frequently asked questions
Do the early bird rates apply?
Are there discounted rates for group bookings?
Discounted rates for bulk bookings are available, please contact us on (02) 9251 3366 or write to us at email@example.com.
Where are the terms for refunds and transfers?
Bookings for training are subject to terms and conditions. These can be viewed here.
Do you provide in-house courses?
Is assessment part of this course?
Assessment is not part of the workshop. Following completion of this workshop, you can choose to complete a conflict coaching assessment and get accredited.