About my services
I am a partner of commercial law firm and head of its dispute resolution and litigation practice group. Resolving disputes, whether by assisting parties through mediation or as a representative of a party involved has been a substantial part of my practice for the past 25 years.
My approach is always to look for sensible commercial resolutions that can bring prompt outcomes for parties to disputes.
Experience and qualifications
Philip is a longstanding Principal of MST Lawyers, a member of the firm's Executive Committee and the team leader of the Dispute Resolution & Litigation Team. He is an Accredited Specialist in Commercial Litigation in Victoria and a Nationally Accredited Mediator.
Philip provides high level practical strategic advice to clients and, in so doing, provides clear options for resolution of disputes and assists in the implementation of the selected strategy in a cost effective manner.
Philip's practice focuses on four predominant areas:
- commercial dispute resolution and contract interpretation and advice
- disputes involving franchisors and franchisees (including franchise terminations)
- competition and consumer disputes and regulatory actions
- corporations and insolvency
- Building & Construction
- Insolvency and reconstruction
- Bachelor of Jurisprudence - Monash University
- Bachelor of Laws - Monash University
- Admitted to Supreme Court of Victoria and High Court of Australia since 1981
- Accredited by Law Institute of Victoria as a specialist in commercial litigation since 1993
- In Who's Who Legal Australia 2018, Philip is described as "most highly regarded" in franchise law being "internationally recognised as a leader in franchise matters"
- Between 2003 and 2012 Philip served on the Law Institute of Victoria Commercial Litigation Advisory Committee and a served three years as its chair
- Law Institute of Victoria (since 1981)
- Accredited Specialist Board of the Law Institute of Victoria (since 2013)
- Law Council of Australia (since 1995)
- International Bar Association (since 2010)
- International Franchising Committee of the International Bar Association (since 2010)
- Resolution Institute (since 2014)