Training in mediation skills
"The most helpful, informative and inspiring workshop I have ever attended”
"Coaching during simulations was very affirming and focused on future improvements”.
“Extremely useful in a range of contexts through management, leadership and hands-on mediation.”
Mediation skills will equip you to manage conflict more effectively by:
- Understanding the dynamics of conflict
- Identifying the key drivers for differing perspectives
- Navigating difficult situations in which there are strongly held conflicting views
- Negotiating more effectively to achieve lasting outcomes
- Assisting others to resolve conflicts constructively in mutually satisfactory ways
Read more below or register
Who should participate
- Professionals who advise clients, manage staff, facilitate planning and decision making or handle disputes in commercial, government, not-for-profit or community sectors
- People wishing to become professional accredited mediators
Previous participants include dispute resolvers and complaints handlers in all sectors, managers and executives, lawyers and accountants, human resource personnel and organisational trainers, union and workplace relations advisors, health care practitioners, educators, counsellors, coaches, conciliators, industrial relations experts and community engagement professionals.
About the training process and learning
Resolution Institute mediation training is practical, focused on developing participants’ skills and built on sound theory. The training meets the requirements for the National Mediator Accreditation System in Australia and for Resolution Institute Mediation Accreditation in New Zealand. The training facilitators are experts in mediation with extensive experience in adult learning.
Learning activities include:
- Dynamic plenary and syndicate group discussions about core concepts and process
- Interactive discussions drawing on the existing experience and expertise of participants
- Carefully structured simulations giving each attendee multiple opportunities to experience the roles of mediator and conflicting participants
- Personalised coaching with feedback from highly skilled and experienced mediators
- Stories of “real” conflict situations and/or fishbowl activities, mini roleplays and video clips
Graduates from Resolution Institute mediation training are equipped with:
- A proven step-by-step mediation process adaptable to a wide range of circumstances
- Essential skills to identify the range of drivers underpinning different perspectives
- Effective communication skills and processes to manage difficult or emotionally charged interactions
- Strategies to generate options and to break impasses
- Practical tools to keep people with conflicting views focused on achieving constructive outcomes
- A critical understanding of ethical issues relevant when navigating conflict and dispute situations
About the training formats
Resolution Institute offers mediation training followed by assessment for accreditation in two formats. Assessment is optional for all participants and mandatory for participants seeking to gain accreditation.
5 days + optional 2 hr assessment
Training is generally run over 5 days from Monday – Friday. It includes at least 9 simulations.
Optional: Participants may choose to complete a two hour assessment simulation generally 2 weeks – 6 months after the training course. This provides time for further learning and practice at the discretion of participants. Resolution Institute arranges role players to be the participants in dispute. The assessment may be completed in a city different to the one in which the training was completed.
*offered in NZ and Australia
6 days including assessment
Training is generally run over 4 days in one week and two days the following week. Days 1-4 includes 6 simulations. Day 5 includes three simulations. Day 6 includes three assessment simulations. Each candidate for assessment plays the role of mediator in one simulation, and the role of disputing participants in two other simulations.
*offered in Australia