Professional indemnity and public liability insurance
Take advantage of the group professional indemnity and public liability insurance policy that we have negotiated for our members.
As a service to members we have negotiated access to an extremely competitive rate for a group professional indemnity and public liability insurance policy.
We will act as your representative in negotiating coverage terms and premiums for the benefit of all members. We will also act as a conduit between members and the provider, Insurance Advisernet Australia's authorised representative, Astute Insurance Services Pty Ltd.
The insurance covers adjudication, arbitration, dispute resolution, expert determination, neutral evaluation and appraisal, probity, investigations, independent chairmanship, conflict management, facilitation, community engagement, training, human resource consultancy, coaching, counselling, business mentoring, restorative processes, supervision of mediators and any activities agreed by the Resolution Institute.
It also includes pre-mediation engagement, communication with the parties setting up the mediation, the actual mediation session(s), private sessions and drafting the settlement agreement with the parties.
Insurance Advisernet Australia (IAA), is one of Australia’s biggest and most trusted General Insurance Brokers. For over 10 years, IAA has handled insurance for many thousands of customers enabling it to provide appropriate cover and service. IAA’s Authorised Representative for this policy is Astute Insurance Services Pty Ltd.
Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance cover is underwritten by the Berkley Insurance Australia.
- Professional indemnity insurance up to $20 million for any one claim and $100 million in the aggregate. Please note that this is a master policy with shared limit amongst all Resolution Institute policy holder members.
- Public liability insurance up to $20 million cover (any one occurrence) .
- Zero excess for professional indemnity and public liability claims
- Unlimited retroactive cover for your past activities.
- Free ’run-off’ cover for members who retire from practicing.
- Reduced risk: The scheme is for members only, who have access to our complaints handling process, reducing the risk of claims that could potentially impact on the aggregate pool
- Feel confident: Astute’s team have previously worked with our members and have more than 20 years’ experience in professional indemnity policies.
- Strong relationships: Get to know Astute’s experienced team, with low staff turnover.
The full year (30 September to 30 September the following year) premium is AU$260 (incl GST).
If you apply between now and 30 September 2021, a premium of AU$205 (incl GST) applies.
All policies expire on 30 September.
The policy can be purchased any time of the year and must be renewed by 30 September.
*Please note information on the policy refers to Australian dollars.
These documents are only available to members. Please login to view.
Astute Insurance Services Pty Ltd
Astute Insurance Services Pty Ltd is a Corporate Authorised Representative of Insurance Advisernet Australia Pty Ltd AFSL 240549 CAR No 321055