FDR Provider Training (NZ)
Our 5 day mediation workshop teaches mediation skills and is a good starting point for working towards FDR Provider accreditation for people who are not experienced mediators.
Our 1 Day FDR Workshop is designed for experienced mediators to cover the extra skills and knowledge required to be an FDR Provider.
The 1 day workshop covers:
- An overview of mediation in the FDR context
- Screening and Intake and domestic violence, including the provision of a screening tool, a template for intake and safety protocols and safety protocols
- Child welfare, including background on child development and family systems theory
- Use of the facilitative model to focus the parties on the needs of the children
- Working effectively with high emotion
- Cultural issues, diversity and inclusiveness, including background papers on mediating with Mäori and Pacific cultures
- An overview of the Family Justice System and legal issues related to FDR
We run FDR workshops when there is sufficient demand. We can often arrange one-off training to meet your needs. To discuss FDR training options Contact us
2017-18 Professional Development Programme
Resolution Institute, along with AMINZ and the New Zealand Law Society CLE, has secured funding from the Ministry of Justice to support the coming training events. The additional funding enables us to offer discounted rates and travel subsidies to providers wishing to participate.
Child inclusion: A working with children intensive
Rounding out the educational offerings early in 2018 will be an intensive 2 days exclusively on working with children presented by Jill Goldson.
Auckland: 22 and 23rd March, 2018