Building and construction payment disputes
- Are you working in the construction industry in Queensland?
- Do you have a dispute about payment:
- for construction work? or
- for the provision of goods or services?
- Was the contract entered into after 1 October 2004?
If you answered, "yes" to each of these questions, you may be able to apply for adjudication with the Queensland Building and Construction Commission (‘QBCC’) under the Building Industry Fairness (Security of Payment) Act 2017 (‘the BIF Act’), which commenced on 17 December 2018. This follows the repeal of the Building and Construction Industry Payments Act 2004 (‘the BCIPA’).
Similar legislation in other states is administered by Authorised Nominating Authorities. Resolution Institute is one such Authority.
For more information visit the QBCC website.