Carol Powell awarded honorary life membership
26 June 2018
At a recent meeting the Resolution Institute Board discussed Carol's significant contributions to Resolution Institute. Carol's involvement has been from the beginnings of LEADR in New Zealand, in the early 1990s.
Resolution Institute Board Chair Gary Ulman noted that "Carol's commitment to Resolution Institute over so many years has been extraordinary, as is the list of her contributions to those organisations".
Carol's involvement has included as:
- Inaugural Executive Officer of LEADR NZ;
- Board member of LEADR NZ Inc for many years including serving as the Chair;
- Director on the LEADR Board and on the LEADR Accreditation Committee;
- Member of the New Zealand Committee since the integration of LEADR NZ Inc and LEADR; and
- As a highly regarded and expert Resolution Institute mediation trainer for many years.
The Board wishes to acknowledge Carol's passion for dispute resolution and the influence that Carol has had in establishing and fostering dispute resolution in New Zealand. GM New Zealand Catherine Cooper commented that "Carol has a very special place in the community of dispute resolvers in New Zealand."
Long-time Resolution Institute members and close colleagues of Carol's, Anna Quinn and Deborah Clapshaw visited Carol today to present her with acknowledgement from the Board and honorary life membership.