Professional indemnity and public liability insurance
As a service to members, Resolution Institute has negotiated an extremely competitive rate for Professional Indemnity and Public liability Insurance with Astute Insurance Services Pty Ltd. The policy period is 30 September to 30 September the following year.
This policy is available to Resolution Institute Professional members and Fellows.
Want to renew or apply for a policy?
Members please scroll down to the bottom of the page.
Want to buy a policy?
- If you are a member: login to the Members Area and select 'PI and PL insurance' in the left hand menu
- If you are not a member: click here to join >>
About the policy
- Professional indemnity insurance up to $20 million for any one claim and $100 million in the aggregate. Please note that this is a master policy with shared limit amongst all Resolution Institute members.
- Public liability insurance (any one occurrence) up to $20 million cover.
- Zero excess for professional indemnity claims, $250 excess for public liability claims
- Unlimited retroactive cover for your past activities.
- Free ’run-off’ cover for members who retire from practicing.
The insurance covers the following activities:
Adjudication, arbitration, dispute resolution, expert determination, neutral evaluation and appraisal, probity, investigations, independent chairmanship, conflict management, facilitation, community engagement, training, human resource consultancy, coaching, counselling, business mentoring, restorative processes and any activities agreed by the Resolution Institute.
Also includes pre-mediation engagement, communication with the parties setting up the mediation, the actual mediation session(s), private sessions and drafting the settlement agreement with the parties.
Other benefits for you
- Reduced risk: The scheme is for members only, who have access to our complaints handling process, reducing the risk of claims that could potentially impact on the aggregate pool
- Feel confident: Astute’s team have previously worked with our members and have more than 20 years’ experience in Professional Indemnity policies.
- Strong relationships: Get to know Astute’s experienced team, with low staff turnover.
Insurance forms and information
For more information contact
Astute Insurance Services Pty Ltd
Astute Insurance Services Pty Ltd is a Corporate Authorised Representative of Insurance Advisernet Australia Pty Ltd AFSL 240549 CAR No 321055
Log in as a member and a button to sign up or renew will appear below.
Membership Period: 26 February 2018 to 30 September 2018
This membership requires that you log in to sign up.