Resolution Institute is incredibly lucky to have so many members who regularly volunteer their time in member groups to assist our small operational team achieve our common goals. Recently we have expanded the member group program enabling more ways for members to contribute. Professional Development Groups in Australia were renamed as State / Location Committees, and a new Professional Development Group was started in New Zealand.
We are always looking for enthusiastic, reliable and committed Resolution Institute members to be part of our member groups.
State / Location Committees work with the Resolution Institute office, to provide stimulating professional learning and networking events at the local level. They contribute a vital element of Resolution Institute services in Australia by connecting personally with Resolution Institute members in their city.
Can I submit an EOI to join a new committee in a new location?
What is involved in being a member of a committee?State Location Committees meet to organise and host local networking and professional development events. Typically, committees meet monthly for one hour and share the task of hosting events run approximately once per month for two hours. Committees work well when members enjoy planning, organising and assisting to run professional development events, and commit to and be available to attend most committee meetings and events. Events are also most successful when members also support the promotion of events in consultation with Resolution Institute office.
What personal qualities and skills do members of committees need?
- Enthusiastic about DR
- Committed to promoting the professional development of colleagues and growth of DR
- Eager to contribute and help
- Willing to use your contacts, networks and initiative to invite interesting speakers
- Able to generate ideas, to plan and organise events
- Reliable – able to do what you say you will and do it on time
How does the committee selection process work?
Each expression of interest is provided to the Chair of the current committee (where one currently exists). At the end of each year the committee decides who the members will be for the following year. If you express an interest during the year, your interest will be forwarded to the existing committee and they will decide whether to invite you to join or ask you to reapply for the next year.
State / Location Committee members
The current members of State / Location Committees are listed below. To learn more about a member click on their Resolution Institute Member Directory listing.
NSW Newcastle committee
NSW Sydney Determinative Committee
NSW Sydney Facilitative Committee
SA Adelaide Committee
VIC Melbourne Adjudication Committee
VIC Melbourne Expert Determination Committee
VIC Melbourne Facilitative Committee
WA Perth Committee
VIC Geelong Committee
The Aotearoa New Zealand Professional Development Group is the voice of members and advises the Board and staff of Resolution Institute on:
- Professional development and training, both online and face to face
- Resolution Institute membership matters
- Policy and advocacy matters affecting the role of dispute resolvers in Aotearoa New Zealand
- The strategy and policies of Resolution Institute itself and relevant issues that may arise from time to time.
- How Resolution Institute can best reflect and respond to our bi-cultural context in Aotearoa New Zealand and our commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
Aotearoa New Zealand Professional Development Group members
The current members of the Aotearoa New Zealand Professional Development Group are listed below.