the arbitrator & mediator
About the arbitrator and mediator
The Journal was first launched by the Institute of Arbitrators and Mediators (IAMA) in 1981 and continues to be published by Resolution Institute. The arbitrator and mediator is a bi-annual peer reviewed publication, featuring articles, book reviews and case notes on the latest developments in dispute resolution, contributed by leading national and international academics, professors and experts in their field.
The arbitrator and mediator is distributed to all members and is available to non-members by annual subscription.
To enquire about subscription, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Journal aims to insightfully ‘address and explain the reforms occurring in Australia that will allow for improvement to DR’.
- Russell Thirgood, General Editor
Submitting to the arbitrator and mediator
Submit your article here
Edition 37 submissions close 7 April 2017.
The Journal encourages submissions of original and unpublished articles, case notes and book reviews in all areas of dispute resolution including (but not limited to)
- Expert determination
- Expert witness
- Recent cases and changes to legislation
If you are interested in submitting original and unpublished work to the arbitrator and mediator, please complete upload your submission using this online form >>.
Please note the following submission guidelines:
- The Author(s)'s details including name, post nominals, position, organisation and other relevant information in the first foot note of the manuscript (up to 50 words).
- An abstract of the manuscript (60 - 100 words).
- Articles (3000 – 5000 words), case notes (1000 – 2000 words), and book reviews (750 – 1000 words). Case notes should provide a brief outline of the facts and judgements together with evaluation and analysis of the importance of the decision for ADR.
- Citation as per the Australian Guide to Legal Citation (available online).
- Please ensure accuracy of case names, citations and other references including spelling judges' names, accuracy of quotations, etc.
- Original and unpublished work. Please inform us if your work has been submitted to another publisher or journal.