Learning & events
Webinar | The workplace and the value of mediation microskills
with Gabrielle O'Brien
Wednesday 11 September 2019 | Online
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM (AEST)
Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
The workplace and the value of mediation microskills
The skills and techniques practised in dispute resolution processes are just as relevant and useful in day to day workplace discussions.
This session takes a closer look at some of the microskills that every HR professional and manager should have in their toolkit and their relevance for relationship management, performance feedback and coaching.
As well as taking a closer look at the microskills associated with active listening, the session will offer preparation tips and techniques for important workplace conversations and interactions.
Register yourself and gain valuable CPD points.
Can’t attend? Register anyway and we’ll send you the recording within 5 working days after the event.
About the speaker
Gabrielle O’Brien began her career in human resource management in the public sector in New Zealand and the private sector in the United Kingdom with a focus on industrial relations, change management and organisation development.
Since 2007 Gabrielle has worked in general management roles in membership based organisations where relationship management, influencing and facilitative conversation skills are key.
Gabrielle is an Associate Professional Member of the Resolution Institute and an Institute of Executive Coaching and Leadership Level 2 Certified Coach.
Accessing the webinar
Webinars are run using Zoom as our online platform.
How do I access the ‘live’ webinar?
How do I access the video of the webinar afterwards?
You will be sent the video recording of the webinar within approximately 5 working days of the live webinar having run. The link to the recording of this webinar will remain active for at least 3 months from the date the webinar was run. After the webinar has run, we consult with the given presenter as to whether extended availability is possible, we are therefore not able to guarantee access beyond 3 months.
What do I need on my computer or device to watch a webinar?
- Download and install the Zoom application appropriate for your device.
You may join the webinar from your PC, Mac, Linux or mobile devices (IOS or Android). Click here to learn about:
- Supported operating systems, tablets and mobile devices
- Supported browsers
- Required device processor and RAM
- Join a Zoom test meeting to test your Internet connectivity.
- Check here for recommended Internet bandwidth.
- You will need speakers or headphones to listen to the speaker. Check that your headphones or speakers are connected and the volume is turned on (where applicable).
- You may also need to check the Audio Settings on Zoom once you have logged in.
How can I access technical support?
- Resolution Institute Sydney office : +61 2 9251 3366 (Landline) | 1800 651 650 (Freecall)
- Resolution Institute Wellington office: +64 4 470 0110 (Landline) | 0800 453 237 (Freecall)
Zoom Help Centre
If you require urgent assistance and are unable to reach the Resolution Institute office, please contact Zoom Help Centre and choose Free or Pro plan subscribers - Chat Live to begin the chat session. You will be required to provide the event’s Webinar ID that’s on your confirmation email. Zoom chat support is available 24/7.