Webinar | Tools for a culturally responsive mediation
with Diana Knight
Thursday 23 May 2019 | Online
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM (AEST)
Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Tools for a culturally responsive mediation
Being a culturally responsive mediator has become increasingly challenging amidst the growing cultural complexity within many societies.
We tend to frame culture and multiculturalism in restrictive senses. Culture is not something that can be assigned to a group, a group or a country. Culture is multiple and overlapping, changing and responding to different situations and interactions.
Embracing the parties’ cultural complexities, we will consider how we can prepare and design mediation to respond to the individual’s cultural framework. This webinar refocuses cultural considerations at the initial stages of mediation with a proposed cultural assessment intake tool.
This webinar is suitable for all types of disputes and designed to provide practical tips.
Register yourself and gain valuable CPD points.
Can’t attend? Register anyway and we’ll send you the recording within 5 working days after the event.
About the presenter
Senior Conciliator and Review Officer
Diana is an experienced mediator, family dispute resolution practitioner and conciliator. She has dealt with a very wide range of dispute matters, including, discrimination and harassment claims, health and disability service complaints, commercial tenancy disputes, and intellectual property licensing negotiations.
Accessing the webinar
Webinars are run using Zoom as our online platform.
How do I access the ‘live’ webinar?
How do I access the video of the webinar afterwards?
You will be sent the video recording of the webinar within approximately 5 working days of the live webinar having run. The link to the recording of this webinar will remain active for at least 3 months from the date the webinar was run. After the webinar has run, we consult with the given presenter as to whether extended availability is possible, we are therefore not able to guarantee access beyond 3 months.
What do I need on my computer or device to watch a webinar?
- Download and install the Zoom application appropriate for your device.
You may join the webinar from your PC, Mac, Linux or mobile devices (IOS or Android). Click here to learn about:
- Supported operating systems, tablets and mobile devices
- Supported browsers
- Required device processor and RAM
- Join a Zoom test meeting to test your Internet connectivity.
- Check here for recommended Internet bandwidth.
- You will need speakers or headphones to listen to the speaker. Check that your headphones or speakers are connected and the volume is turned on (where applicable).
- You may also need to check the Audio Settings on Zoom once you have logged in.
How can I access technical support?
- Resolution Institute Sydney office : +61 2 9251 3366 (Landline) | 1800 651 650 (Freecall)
- Resolution Institute Wellington office: +64 4 470 0110 (Landline) | 0800 453 237 (Freecall)
Zoom Help Centre
If you require urgent assistance and are unable to reach the Resolution Institute office, please contact Zoom Help Centre and choose Free or Pro plan subscribers - Chat Live to begin the chat session. You will be required to provide the event’s Webinar ID that’s on your confirmation email. Zoom chat support is available 24/7.