Learning & events
Webinar | Multitiered disputes clauses: the case for jurisdiction
with Nick Longley
Thursday 19 May, 2022 | Online
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM (AEST)
Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Multitiered disputes clauses: the case for jurisdiction
Court Decisions in England and Hong Kong have established that non-compliance with pre-requisites to arbitration will not negate the jurisdiction of the arbitral tribunal.
Nick will explain those cases and examine whether the approach taken is correct.
This webinar is relevant to arbitrators and legal practitioners who represent parties in arbitration proceedings.
Register yourself and gain valuable CPD points.
Can’t attend? Register anyway and we’ll send you the recording within 5 working days after the event.
About the speaker
Nick has 32 years of advising his clients on matters relating to construction and construction insurance law with a focus on arbitration relating to major infrastructure and energy-related projects. He has lived in Asia Pacific since moving to Hong Kong in 1998 and since then has predominantly worked on disputes in arbitration either as a party representative or as an arbitrator.
Nick is a fellow of The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and is on the executive of ACICA.
The International Who's Who includes Nick within their list of the World's leading construction lawyers.
Qualifications and Admissions
Accessing the webinar
Webinars are run using Zoom as our online platform.
How do I access the ‘live’ webinar?
How do I access the video of the webinar afterwards?
You will be sent the video recording of the webinar within approximately 5 working days of the live webinar having run. The link to the recording of this webinar will remain active for at least 3 months from the date the webinar was run. After the webinar has run, we consult with the given presenter as to whether extended availability is possible, we are therefore not able to guarantee access beyond 3 months.
What do I need on my computer or device to watch a webinar?
- Download and install the Zoom application appropriate for your device.
You may join the webinar from your PC, Mac, Linux or mobile devices (IOS or Android). Click here to learn about:
- Supported operating systems, tablets and mobile devices
- Supported browsers
- Required device processor and RAM
- Join a Zoom test meeting to test your Internet connectivity.
- Check here for recommended Internet bandwidth.
- You will need speakers or headphones to listen to the speaker. Check that your headphones or speakers are connected and the volume is turned on (where applicable).
- You may also need to check the Audio Settings on Zoom once you have logged in.
How can I access technical support?
- Resolution Institute Sydney office : +61 2 9251 3366 (Landline) | 1800 651 650 (Freecall)
- Resolution Institute Wellington office: +64 4 470 0110 (Landline) | 0800 453 237 (Freecall)
Zoom Help Centre
If you require urgent assistance and are unable to reach the Resolution Institute office, please contact Zoom Help Centre and choose Free or Pro plan subscribers - Chat Live to begin the chat session. You will be required to provide the event’s Webinar ID that’s on your confirmation email. Zoom chat support is available 24/7.