Learning & events
Webinar | How emotions impact on important processes in conflict, such as information seeking, reasoning and decision making
with Dr Samantha Hardy
Thursday 25 August, 2022 | Online
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM (AEST)
Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
How emotions impact on important processes in conflict, such as information seeking, reasoning and decision making
Dr Samantha Hardy presents a three-part series on working with emotions in the conflict resolution context.
In this the second session Samantha will explore:
2. How emotions impact on important processes in conflict, such as information seeking, reasoning and decision making
- Examine some typical emotions in conflict situations and how they impact on parties’ behaviour
- Consider how practitioners can harness emotions to support curiosity, cooperation and problem solving.
The other two sessions in the series are as follows:
Register yourself and gain valuable CPD points.
Can’t attend? Register anyway and we’ll send you the recording within 5 working days after the event.
About the speaker
Dr Samantha Hardy
Samantha Hardy provides coaching and training in conflict management and resolution. She practises primarily in the workplace context and in the university sector.
Sam has been accredited as a mediator under the Australian National Mediation System and is a Certified Transformative Mediator by the US Institute of Conflict Transformation. She is a Certified Narrative Coach Practitioner, an experienced conflict coach and the founder of the REAL Conflict Coaching System. She holds a PhD in Law and Conflict Resolution, as well as other postgraduate qualifications in education.
Sam has also published widely in conflict resolution, including her books:
Accessing the webinar
Webinars are run using Zoom as our online platform.
How do I access the ‘live’ webinar?
How do I access the video of the webinar afterwards?
You will be sent the video recording of the webinar within approximately 5 working days of the live webinar having run. The link to the recording of this webinar will remain active for at least 3 months from the date the webinar was run. After the webinar has run, we consult with the given presenter as to whether extended availability is possible, we are therefore not able to guarantee access beyond 3 months.
What do I need on my computer or device to watch a webinar?
- Download and install the Zoom application appropriate for your device.
You may join the webinar from your PC, Mac, Linux or mobile devices (IOS or Android). Click here to learn about:
- Supported operating systems, tablets and mobile devices
- Supported browsers
- Required device processor and RAM
- Join a Zoom test meeting to test your Internet connectivity.
- Check here for recommended Internet bandwidth.
- You will need speakers or headphones to listen to the speaker. Check that your headphones or speakers are connected and the volume is turned on (where applicable).
- You may also need to check the Audio Settings on Zoom once you have logged in.
How can I access technical support?
- Resolution Institute Sydney office : +61 2 9251 3366 (Landline) | 1800 651 650 (Freecall)
- Resolution Institute Wellington office: +64 4 470 0110 (Landline) | 0800 453 237 (Freecall)
Zoom Help Centre
If you require urgent assistance and are unable to reach the Resolution Institute office, please contact Zoom Help Centre and choose Free or Pro plan subscribers - Chat Live to begin the chat session. You will be required to provide the event’s Webinar ID that’s on your confirmation email. Zoom chat support is available 24/7.