Learning & events
Webinar | Expert determination – the new black
with Chris Morrow, Bill Taylor and Bryan Ahern
Wednesday 22 September, 2021 | Online
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM (AEST)
Time converter at worldtimebuddy.com
Expert Determination – the new black
During this free webinar Chris Morrow, Bill Taylor and Bryan Ahern will provide information about the new Expert Determination training and accreditation from Resolution Institute and why you might want to expand your practice to include Expert Determination. They’ll provide:
- a background of the work the Expert Determination sub-Committee has been doing and why
- a broad overview of the upcoming Expert Determination training
- information about the new applicable Expert Determination rules
- information about the Resolution Institute register of qualified Expert Determiners
- the benefits of being qualified by Resolution Institute and available for nomination
- insights about the cost effectiveness, flexibility and finality of Expert Determination
If you are considering the idea of training in Expert Determination or just interested in this expanding field of professional engagement, come along and enhance your understanding of Expert Determination – the new black.
Please note this training and accreditation is available to both AU and NZ members.
Register yourself and gain valuable CPD points.
Can’t attend? Register anyway and we’ll send you the recording within 5 working days after the event.
About the speakers
He has an engineering and law degree and some 30 years’ experience acting in the roles of arbitrator, expert determiner, mediator, adjudicator, delay and disruption expert and consultant in the building and construction, industrial engineering and IT industries.
He is passionate about training and ensuring that RI remains a leader in the determinative services it and its members provide to the industry.
William (Bill) Taylor
Bill Taylor is a Civil Engineer specialising in dispute resolution in the building and construction industry. Bill has qualifications in Civil Engineering, Law and Dispute Resolution as well as Civil Engineering Registration, accreditation as a Building Consultant, Arbitration Grading through Resolution Institute and accreditation as a Mediator with Resolution Institute.
In dispute resolution Bill has a broad practice as an Arbitrator, Dispute Advisory Board Member, Adjudicator, Court Referee, Expert Determiner and Mediator. He also has an extensive practice as an expert witness in residential building and Home Warranty Insurance. He has over 20 years’ experience in on-site management of civil engineering and residential construction projects and over 20 years direct involvement in dispute resolution.
Bryan Ahern is an Arbitrator, Mediator, Adjudicator and Expert Determiner.
An experienced consultant with both formal qualifications and practical experience in contracts for construction or maintenance of major civil and building works and ITC projects.
Bryan advises clients in commercial contracts in all stages from concept development through to documentation, tendering, administration and dispute resolution.
This webinar will be moderated by
Ian is both tertiary and trade qualified and has worked primarily in the building and construction Industry, both in Australia and overseas. As such, he brings to dispute resolution his legal knowledge as well as a full understanding of the practical aspects of an often adversarial industry.
While his experience in litigation, arbitration and mediation goes back many years mainly as an advocate, he has also mediated commercial and family estate dissolution matters. Ian has recently begun practising as an expert determiner in construction disputes. His pragmatic approach to dispute resolution has proved to be helpful to parties and clients alike.
Accessing the webinar
Webinars are run using Zoom as our online platform.
How do I access the ‘live’ webinar?
How do I access the video of the webinar afterwards?
You will be sent the video recording of the webinar within approximately 5 working days of the live webinar having run. The link to the recording of this webinar will remain active for at least 3 months from the date the webinar was run. After the webinar has run, we consult with the given presenter as to whether extended availability is possible, we are therefore not able to guarantee access beyond 3 months.
What do I need on my computer or device to watch a webinar?
- Download and install the Zoom application appropriate for your device.
You may join the webinar from your PC, Mac, Linux or mobile devices (IOS or Android). Click here to learn about:
- Supported operating systems, tablets and mobile devices
- Supported browsers
- Required device processor and RAM
- Join a Zoom test meeting to test your Internet connectivity.
- Check here for recommended Internet bandwidth.
- You will need speakers or headphones to listen to the speaker. Check that your headphones or speakers are connected and the volume is turned on (where applicable).
- You may also need to check the Audio Settings on Zoom once you have logged in.
How can I access technical support?
- Resolution Institute Sydney office : +61 2 9251 3366 (Landline) | 1800 651 650 (Freecall)
- Resolution Institute Wellington office: +64 4 470 0110 (Landline) | 0800 453 237 (Freecall)
Zoom Help Centre
If you require urgent assistance and are unable to reach the Resolution Institute office, please contact Zoom Help Centre and choose Free or Pro plan subscribers - Chat Live to begin the chat session. You will be required to provide the event’s Webinar ID that’s on your confirmation email. Zoom chat support is available 24/7.