Learning & events
Virtual Practice Group | Harnessing the power of information technology and AI to support ADR professionals working with people in dispute
with Timothy McMichael
Thursday 15 August 2019 | Online
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM (NZST)
To convert to your local time visit worldtimebuddy.com.
About the virtual practice group
Resolution Institute offer a Virtual Practice Group (online through zoom) ‘Harnessing the power of information technology and AI to support ADR professionals working with people in dispute'. This is an informal opportunity to take part in a 1 hour discussion session ‘shining a light’ on this important area of practice. A ‘virtual lunch date’ to share thoughts, questions and insights.
Timothy McMichael (experienced mediator) will facilitate a discussion on this topic.
Timing: Please note this session runs from 12.00 - 1.00pm NZ time.
Technology required: Zoom application, PC/laptop/tablet/smartphone, Internet connection, sound/speakers or a headset and an in-built microphone.
Accessing the virtual practice group
Virtual practice groups are run using Zoom as our online platform.
How do I access the virtual practice group?
What do I need on my computer or device to take part in a virtual practice group?
You will ideally need a computer or device with a camera and microphone and good Internet coverage. You will need to make sure that you can access ‘Zoom’ in your browser. You can download and install Zoom prior or as part of the process when you first click the Zoom link.
You may join the virtual practice group from your PC, Mac, Linux or mobile devices (IOS or Android). Click here to learn about:
- Supported operating systems, tablets and mobile devices
- Supported browsers
- Required device processor and RAM
- Join a Zoom test meeting to test your Internet connectivity.
- Check here for recommended Internet bandwidth.
- You will need speakers or headphones to listen to the speaker. Check that your headphones or speakers are connected and the volume is turned on (where applicable).
- You may also need to check the Audio Settings on Zoom once you have logged in.
How can I access technical support?
- Resolution Institute Sydney office : +61 2 9251 3366 (Landline) | 1800 651 650 (Freecall)
- Resolution Institute Wellington office: +64 4 470 0110 (Landline) | 0800 453 237 (Freecall)
Zoom Help Centre
If you require urgent assistance and are unable to reach the Resolution Institute office, please contact Zoom Help Centre and choose Free or Pro plan subscribers - Chat Live to begin the chat session. You will be required to provide the event’s Webinar ID that’s on your confirmation email. Zoom chat support is available 24/7.