Learning & events
One Day Training Workshop | The Skilful Dispute Resolver | Christchurch | 29 April 2020
with Nina Harding
29 April 2020 | Christchurch
This interactive workshop will explore ideas, tools and practice to assist and support the dispute resolution professional.Offering an opportunity to hone skills, add some tools and reflect on your practice.
- Understanding persuasion: how do people make decisions? What stops them and what supports decision making?
- Strongly held beliefs and getting stuck and un-stuck
- 6 basic rules that can support cooperation and decision making
- Trust: what does it mean in the new world?
- The preliminary conference: improving the odds, templates and things to consider
- Managing emotional complexity: models and thinking
- The four step EAST model: a simple model that shows the things that influence our decision to act
This workshop is suitable for all dispute resolution practitioners including mediators from all areas, negotiators, arbitrators and complaint handlers.
Read full programme here
This workshop will run in Christchurch, Wellington and Auckland. We have chosen to run the workshops in Christchurch and Auckland at airport-based venues to assist those from regional centres to be able to attend for the day with ease and without accommodation cost.
About the trainer
Nina Harding has over 20 years’ experience in resolving business and public interest disputes. Nina is a law graduate and has a Master of Laws. She has mediated over two thousand disputes. Nina has Resolution Institute Advanced Mediation Accreditation, NMAS accreditation and has been a Fellow of Resolution Institute since 2002.
Nina, a recognised expert in the area of dispute resolution, is one of Resolution Institute’s leading mediation trainers in Australia. She teaches mediation, dispute resolution and complaint handling workshops. Nina regularly speaks at conferences and has taught thousands of people how to negotiate more effectively and resolve conflict. Nina Harding has lectured at numerous universities in Australia and overseas.
Nina will be joined by Trevor Slater, Resolution Institute’s New Zealand General Manager, who will host the day. This is an event not to be missed and will fill quickly.
Frequently asked questions
Do the early bird rates apply?
Are there discounted rates for group bookings?
What are the terms and conditions if I need to cancel?
Special terms and conditions apply for this event, please read full terms and conditions here.