22 May Brisbane: Assessing suitability and preparing clients for mediation
22 May 2017
Developing effective preliminary conference / intake processes
This workshop will enable you to expand your skills for recognising disputes that are suitable for mediation and those that may require a different intervention.
You will understand the value of preliminary conferencing or intake, whether conducted by the mediator or another person, and the requirements for provision of certain information by nationally accredited mediators. By uncovering power and safety concerns you will be able to address these effectively in mediation and feel confident to make appropriate referrals.
Facilitator: Franca Petrone
CPD: 6.5 hours
Time: 9.00am - 5.00pm
- Techniques for screening
- Approaches for effective questioning to structure discussions in the intake session
- Options for addressing power dynamics
- Strategies for ensuring informed decision-making to enter the process
- Methods to ensure participants have all relevant information, understand their role and are fully prepared for the commencement of mediation
- Measures to ensure safety and full, active participation in mediation
- Requirements of the Australian National Mediator Practice Standards and Family Law Regulations (for family dispute resolution providers)
To confirm your booking Resolution Institute requires full payment at least two weeks before the commencement of the program.
We understand life can be complex. If you are no longer able to attend, please contact us as soon as possible on 02 9251 3366 or email@example.com. We are happy to accommodate a substitute attendee in your place at no additional cost.
Due to our commitments to suppliers, there is an administration fee for booking changes and cancellations, inclusive of GST:
- Transfer to Another Date* - $150.00
- Cancellation more than 2 weeks prior - $200.00
- Cancellation less than 2 weeks prior - 30% of enrolment fee
*subject to availability