Learning & events
ODR Practitioner's Certificate | Online | 5 November 2020 - 28 January 2021
Thursday 05 November 2020 - 28 January 2021 | Online
The Resolution Institute has partnered with ICFML (Institute of Certification and Training of Lusophone Meditators) and Holistic Solutions, Inc. (HSI) to deliver an Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) Practitioner Certification Program. This is the first of its kind in Australia. The course will focus on giving the participants the basic skills in the three environments – Audio, Video and Text to communicate effectively online. You will learn from international experts around the globe.
The ODR Practitioner Certification Program is an three month continuous learning journey. This course will be delivered in a hybrid format (live and recorded content). This program includes training in ODR and provides learning opportunities, tools and techniques to apply your skills in a variety of settings within any ODR platform.
Content will be delivered in the form of readings (Files or URL’s), audio lectures, chats and threaded discussions with the professors and various global ODR-thought leaders. You will learn by and participating in simulations and other ODR exercises.
Who is this training for?
- anyone looking to learn how to communicate effectively online
- anyone looking to develop their capability to become a dispute resolution professional online
There are no prerequisites for this course.
What the course involves...
8 live sessions
discussion with 6 ODR-thought leaders
downloaded recordings of sessions
online learning platform
experiential learning online
You will learn...
- to demonstrate an understanding of the origins of ODR and its relationship to ADR.
- how to utilize ODR as a tool
- be familiar with ODR applications and how they may be adapted into ADR practice.
- the use of online tools in a traditional mediation context
- the theoretical foundation necessary to extend the use of technology in whatever profession you are
- to identify how ODR relates to the issues of culture and identity
About the trainers
Ana Maria Maia Gonçalves