Learning & events
Mediation training | Online | 24-25 February and 1-2, 5, 9-11 March 2021
24-25 February and 1-2, 5, 9-11 March 2021 | Online
Attend Resolution Institute's flagship mediation training online as an 8-day part time blended learning course.
The online training meets the requirements for National Mediator Accreditation System (NMAS) in Australia. The course has a strong skills development orientation and includes demonstrations, simulation role plays offering experiential learning along with personalised coaching and feedback from highly skilled mediators.
"This course gave me the practical tools I need to become a confident and effective workplace mediator - and the trainers made learning fun!"
"I would highly recommend this course. The structure through Zoom added to the learning experience and didn't take anything away from the substance. Fantastic trainers with a wealth of experience and knowledge. Every session was a good balance of theory and practice."
- Days 1 and 2: 10am - 4pm (AEDT)
- Days 3 to 8: 10am - 3pm (AEDT)
Our teaching approach
A practical learning experience that is built on sound theory with a strong skills development orientation
This training includes theory, online discussions, videos, group activities, demonstrations by trainers and role plays with personalised coaching feedback
Bringing you into the Resolution Institute classroom from any location
Face to face training online that will stimulate, engage and educate
Enjoy the opportunity to share and learn from workshop trainers, coaches and one another
Some work is required away from classroom sessions
All course materials and resources will be provided electronically
Who is this training for?
- anyone keen to add mediation to their professional skill set
- those who are interested in developing their negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- professionals who advise clients, manage staff or facilitate planning and decision making
- those who handle disputes in commercial, government, not-for-profit or community sectors
- HR professionals
- those wishing to become professional accredited mediators
Previous participants include dispute resolvers and complaints handlers in all sectors, managers and executives, lawyers and accountants, human resource personnel and organisational trainers, union and workplace relations advisors, health care practitioners, educators, counsellors, coaches, conciliators, industrial relations experts and community engagement professionals.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
You will learn...
- a proven step-by-step mediation process adaptable to a wide range of circumstances
- essential skills to identify the range of drivers underpinning different perspectives
- effective communication skills and processes to manage difficult or emotionally charged interactions
- strategies to generate options and break impasse
- practical tools to keep people with conflicting views focused on achieving constructive outcomes
- a critical understanding of ethical issues relevant when navigating conflict and dispute situations
About our trainers
Exclusive to the online version, this training will be led by two of our Training Faculty together with our coaching team of highly experienced mediators.
Experienced mediator of commercial, workplace and large public disputes. On numerous mediator panels including the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre, RI Advanced panel, and Franchising and Workers Compensation. Nina has taught at the University of Hong Kong, UNSW, the Law Institute of Victoria and UQ. She is a popular keynote speaker and an internationally recognised expert in complaint handling.
Mediator for a wide range of disputes, Bradley facilitates multi-party processes in commercial, organisational, community and cross-cultural settings. He is a Visiting Fellow to the University of WA Law School and a Senior Associate with Dialogos - a leading global consultancy in dialogue and system transformation - that continues the pioneering work of its founders at the Dialogue Project, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Boston.
Your next steps
After graduating from this course, to become accredited you will need to:
Frequently asked questions
Do the early bird rates apply?
Are there discounted rates for group bookings?
Do you provide in-house courses?
Is assessment part of this course?
Assessment is not part of the course. Following completion of this course, you can choose to apply for mediation accreditation assessment.
How do I access the Online Workshop?
What do I need on my computer or device to take part in an Online Workshop?
You will ideally need a computer or device with a camera and microphone and good Internet coverage. You will need to make sure that you can access ‘Zoom’ in your browser. You can download and install Zoom prior or as part of the process when you first click the Zoom link.
You may join the Online Workshop from your PC, Mac, Linux or mobile devices (IOS or Android). Click here to learn about:
- Supported operating systems, tablets and mobile devices
- Supported browsers
- Required device processor and RAM
- Join a Zoom test meeting to test your Internet connectivity.
- Check here for recommended Internet bandwidth.
- You will need speakers or headphones to listen to the speaker. Check that your headphones or speakers are connected and the volume is turned on (where applicable).
- You may also need to check the Audio Settings on Zoom once you have logged in.
How can I access technical support?
- Resolution Institute Sydney office : +61 2 9251 3366 (Landline) | 1800 651 650 (Freecall)
- Resolution Institute Wellington office: +64 4 470 0110 (Landline) | 0800 453 237 (Freecall)
Zoom Help Centre
If you require urgent assistance and are unable to reach the Resolution Institute office, please contact Zoom Help Centre and choose Free or Pro plan subscribers - Chat Live to begin the chat session. You will be required to provide the event’s Webinar ID that’s on your confirmation email. Zoom chat support is available 24/7.
Where are the terms for refunds and transfers?
Bookings for training are subject to terms and conditions. These can be viewed here.