Learning & events
Mediation training | Melbourne | 17-21 August 2020
Monday 17 - Friday 21 August 2020 | Melbourne
Attend the Resolution Institute 5-day mediation course for a practical learning experience that is built on sound theory.
The training meets the requirements for the National Mediator Accreditation System (NMAS) in Australia. The course has a strong skills development orientation. The programme includes demonstrations, simulation role plays offering experiential learning along with personalised coaching and feedback from highly skilled mediators.
"Coaching during simulations was very affirming and focused on future improvements"
"A very intensive and well-constructed course. It felt rigorous as the same time as be supportive"
"Extremely useful in a range of contexts through management, leadership and hands-on mediation."
Who is this training for?
- anyone keen to add mediation to their professional skill set
- those who are interested in developing their negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- professionals who advise clients, manage staff or facilitate planning and decision making
- those who handle disputes in commercial, government, not-for-profit or community sectors
- HR professionals
- those wishing to become professional accredited mediators
Previous participants include dispute resolvers and complaints handlers in all sectors, managers and executives, lawyers and accountants, human resource personnel and organisational trainers, union and workplace relations advisors, health care practitioners, educators, counsellors, coaches, conciliators, industrial relations experts and community engagement professionals.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
You will learn...
- a proven step-by-step mediation process adaptable to a wide range of circumstances
- essential skills to identify the range of drivers underpinning different perspectives
- effective communication skills and processes to manage difficult or emotionally charged interactions
- strategies to generate options and break impasse
- practical tools to keep people with conflicting views focused on achieving constructive outcomes
- a critical understanding of ethical issues relevant when navigating conflict and dispute situations
About our trainer
Mediator and consultant to private and public sector clients. Following a background in commercial law, Anne’s mediation experience includes commercial, anti-discrimination, medical negligence, family and wills and estate matters. She currently specialises in workplace. Anne is appointed as a mediator to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal and teaches ADR in the post graduate law program at Monash University.
This course will be led by Anne along with our coaching pool of highly experienced mediators.
Your next steps
After graduating from this course, to become accredited you will need to:
Frequently asked questions
Do the early bird rates apply?
Are there discounted rates for group bookings?
Discounted rates for bulk bookings are available, please contact us on (02) 9251 3366 or write to us at email@example.com.
Where are the terms for refunds and transfers?
Bookings for training are subject to terms and conditions. These can be viewed here.
Do you provide in-house courses?
Resolution Institute can also offer in-house courses customised to meet your needs as an organisation – please contact us on (02) 9251 33 66 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss options.
Is assessment part of this course?
Assessment is not part of the course. Following completion of this course, you can choose to apply for mediation accreditation assessment.