Learning & events
Free | Lunchtime chat: The art of observation
with Jacinta Cubis
Wednesday 10 June 2020 | 12.00-12.30pm AEST | 2.00-2.30pm (NZST) | ZOOM
- How important is observation in your work?
- What are the consequences if you miss stuff?
- Can we get better at noticing?
Join Jacinta Cubis for a lunch time chat on the importance of observation and hear about her creative approach to get better at it.
Participants of this session will get an e-copy of Jacinta's insights paper Read the room like a street photographer.
Online Workshops: Half an hour online workshops upskilling current practitioners via Zoom meetings. A maximum of 15 attendees are able to participate in a given workshop. The trainer and the participants will all be able to see each other and interact online. This new format will be delivered as ’ bite sized chunks of learning’ with an opportunity for Q&A at the end of each.
About the presenter
Timing: Please note this session runs from 12.00pm - 12.30pm (AEST) | 2.00–2.30pm (NZST).
Technology required: Zoom application, PC/laptop/tablet/smartphone, Internet connection, sound/speakers or a headset and an in-built microphone. Bring your phone to Jacinta’s session – we might share a few photos.
Accessing the Online Workshop
Online Workshops are run using Zoom as our online platform.
How do I access the Online Workshop?
What do I need on my computer or device to take part in an Online Workshop?
You will ideally need a computer or device with a camera and microphone and good Internet coverage. You will need to make sure that you can access ‘Zoom’ in your browser. You can download and install Zoom prior or as part of the process when you first click the Zoom link.
You may join the Online Workshop from your PC, Mac, Linux or mobile devices (IOS or Android). Click here to learn about:
- Supported operating systems, tablets and mobile devices
- Supported browsers
- Required device processor and RAM
- Join a Zoom test meeting to test your Internet connectivity.
- Check here for recommended Internet bandwidth.
- You will need speakers or headphones to listen to the speaker. Check that your headphones or speakers are connected and the volume is turned on (where applicable).
- You may also need to check the Audio Settings on Zoom once you have logged in.
How can I access technical support?
- Resolution Institute Sydney office : +61 2 9251 3366 (Landline) | 1800 651 650 (Freecall)
- Resolution Institute Wellington office: +64 4 470 0110 (Landline) | 0800 453 237 (Freecall)
Zoom Help Centre
If you require urgent assistance and are unable to reach the Resolution Institute office, please contact Zoom Help Centre and choose Free or Pro plan subscribers - Chat Live to begin the chat session. You will be required to provide the event’s Webinar ID that’s on your confirmation email. Zoom chat support is available 24/7.