Date TBA | Hicksons Lawyers
Thursday, 18 October
5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Mediating Franchising Disputes under the Franchising Code of Conduct and a consideration of the current Senate Inquiry into the franchising industry and effectiveness of the dispute resolution processes.
In this presentation Derek Minus will discuss:
- Nature of disputes in the franchising industry
- What is the process of resolution
- How is it administered and special considerations
- Multi-party disputes what are they and how are they handled
- The role of the ACCC and Collective bargaining exemptions
- Opportunities for mediators
About the presenters
Derek Minus has been personally appointed from 1 December 2016, as the:
• Franchising Mediation Adviser by The Hon Michael McCormack MP, Minister for Small Business;
• Horticulture Mediation Adviser by The Hon Barnaby Joyce MP, Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources;
• Oilcode Dispute Resolution Adviser by The Hon Josh Frydenberg MP, Minister for the Environment and Energy.
He is responsible for providing the Offices of the:
• Franchising Mediation Adviser, see www.franchisingcode.com.au,
• Horticulture Mediation Adviser, see www.horticulturecode.com.au,
• OilCode Dispute Resolution Adviser, see www.oilcode.com.au
• Appointing and maintaining a national panel of qualified and Nationally Accredited mediators to assist industry participants in these industries resolve disputes.
• Referring requests for appointment of dispute resolvers to independent mediators to provide dispute resolution services pursuant to the various Codes of Conduct, under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010.
• Providing advice to the Commonwealth Government on dispute resolution under these various Codes.
Resolution Institute expresses appreciation to Hicksons Lawyers for their support of this event.