Learning & events
Expert determination or arbitration?
with Adam Rosser
Thursday 16 June 2022 | 5.30pm–6.30pm ACST | Online
This session will look at the practical and legal differences between expert determination and arbitration as a way of resolving disputes outside of court. Is there really a difference, or can both processes achieve the same practical and commercial goals?
This presentation will cover:
- the legal distinction between expert determination and arbitration
- the similarities and differences under, for example, the rules published by Resolution Institute
- the options available to the parties to tailor these processes to their needs
This session is for lawyers, in-house legal counsel and senior managers of commercial businesses who prepare or review commercial contracts. It may provide CPD points for their professional fields.
This presentation will:
- give 1 hour of CPD for eligible professionals;
- provide information to guide decision-making;
- encourage preparation and negotiation of more effective dispute resolution clauses
Join us online for an entertaining evening discussion.
About the speaker:
Adam has been practising in commercial law for over 20 years, with a focus on construction, engineering and technology. He has prepared, negotiated and contested commercial contracts around Australia. Adam is a current state committee member of the Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand, and the Australian Professional Indemnity Group. He has also had a long association with the Civil Contractors Federation SA.