Learning & events
Conflict Management Coaching training | Wellington | 8-11 June 2020
Monday 8 June - Thursday 11 June 2020 | Wellington
Attend Resolution Institute's CINERGY™ conflict management coaching workshop to become a trained coach who supports and helps an individual to deal with specific conflict situations.
Conflict management coaching brings together coaching and alternative dispute resolution in a powerful process which supports people to reach their goals in the way they manage conflict. It is useful as an early intervention strategy, in situations where parties may not be ready or able to bring the conflict into the open, or where there are habitual patterns of destructive conflict. Conflict management coaching can be used to prepare people to engage more effectively in negotiation, mediation, relational conflict and change. It can also assist in minimising the risk of psychological workplace injury. To find out more about the CINERGY™ conflict coaching model: https://www.cinergycoaching.com/articles/.
"It was presented in a clear, easy to follow manner."
"Really enjoyed the workshop and the way it was delivered. Met my expectations in every way."
"Capacity of the model to be used in a variety of situations."
"Being able to practice the method and receive very constructive feedback from other participants, the trainer and coach mentors was very beneficial."
"Experience of being the client and unravelling real conflicts."
"Would recommend this workshop unreservedly."
Continuing professional development
This course contributes up to 29 hours continuing professional development under the Resolution Institute Mediation Accreditation scheme.
Who is this training for?
- anyone keen to add conflict coaching to their professional skill set
- those who are interested in developing their negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- professionals who advise clients, manage staff or facilitate planning and decision making
- those who handle disputes in commercial, government, not-for-profit or community sectors
- HR professionals
- those wishing to become professional conflict coaches
There are no prerequisites for this course.
You will be learning to...
- Identify the unique principles and methods of conflict management coaching
- Explore the framework that underpins conflict management coaching
- Learn and practice the stages of CINERGY™ conflict management coaching
- Reflect on and gain a better understanding of their own skills in managing conflict and change
- Learn how to empower individuals to identify their own solutions
- Develop skills to be an effective conflict management coach
- Learn how to use this method as effective preparation for mediation
- Gain an appreciation of the many applications and uses of conflict management coaching
- Learn to apply different conflict management coaching strategies
- Develop an understanding of the conflict cycle and learn about the Not-so merry go round of conflict.
As a trained CINERGY™ conflict management coach, you will be able to coach individuals to:
- Reflect on and gain a better understanding on their approach to conflict
- Help shift destructive reactions to more constructive responses
- Communicate effectively in conflict situations
- Develop skills to manage disputes more collaboratively.
About our trainer
Lynora has used the CINERGY™ model of conflict management coaching since training with Cinnie Noble in 2005 and has trained others in its use since 2007. Lynora finds it an invaluable tool to assist individuals to develop and enhance their own conflict competency, to manage interpersonal and workplace conflict and prepare for, or debrief after, difficult conversations, investigations, negotiations or mediation. With a focus on leadership development and conflict management, Lynora has her own consultancy, Redefinity, specialising in leadership coaching and mentoring, workplace and commercial mediation, team dynamics assessments and conflict coaching.
This workshop will be led by Lynora along with our coaching pool of highly experienced conflict coaches.
Your next steps
After graduating from this workshop, to become accredited you will need to:
Frequently asked questions
Do the early bird rates apply?
Where are the terms for refunds and transfers?
Bookings for training are subject to terms and conditions. These can be viewed here.
Is assessment part of this course?
Assessment is not part of the workshop. Following completion of this workshop, you can choose to complete a conflict coaching assessment and get accredited.