22-23 March Child inclusion: A working with children intensive in Auckland
22 March 2018
Join NZLS CLE, Resolution Institute and AMINZ for a workshop featuring the expertise and innovative approach to family facilitation of Jill Goldson, award winning researcher and practitioner. This workshop focuses on strategies and tools to support parents to resolve disputes by more effectively hearing their children.
Who should attend?
This workshop is suitable for anyone working with children on issues of parental separation:
- FDR Providers who meet with children as part of their practice
- FDR Providers who work with child consultants and utilise information from children with parents
- Child consultants who meet with children as part of FDR
In this intensive 2 day workshop you will:
- Gain working knowledge of the evidence based research around child inclusive practice
- Understand child inclusive practice from an understanding of attachment theory, child development psychology, family systems theory and family law
Learn skills to:
- Determine an appropriate approach for involving children, including assessing risk
- Introduce the principles and practice of child inclusion to parents
- Listen and communicate effectively with children about family restructure
- Understand the role of the child interview feedback in mediation
Leave with fresh ideas for promoting your practice
Cancellations and Transfers
A cancellation fee of $200.00 including gst applies for cancellations 6-2 weeks prior to the workshop. A cancellation fee of 30% of enrolment fee applies for cancellations within 2 weeks prior of the workshop. An administration fee of $150.00 incl gst will apply if you transfer to an alternative scheduled workshop. Replacements are welcome at any time.
If you wish to register three working days or less before the event starts please call the Resolution Institute office to check for a course vacancy on (04) 470 0110.