Learning & events
Mediation refresher | Auckland | 9 September 2020
Wednesday 9 Septeber 2020 | Auckland
Join this intensive one day workshop, available on Day 3 of the 5-day mediation course, to refresh your mediation skills.
Who is this training for?
- those preparing for Resolution Institute Mediation Accreditation assessment for whom training was a while ago or who are using the ‘equivalent training’ pathway
- those wanting to revisit with the Resolution Institute mediation model and refresh their mediation skills
- accredited mediators seeking some intensive continuing professional development (CPD) towards reaccreditation
Completed the 5 day Mediation course or equivalent.
You will learn...
Over the day, with the support of our experienced trainers and coaches, you will:
- participate in a detailed review of the Resolution Institute mediation model
- review the mediation process including: preparation and dispute diagnosis; intake and screening for assessing suitability for mediation
- participate in three mediation simulations role plays (one as the mediator, two as a role player) offering experiential learning along with personalised coaching and feedback from highly skilled mediators
About our trainers
Anna is a Resolution Institute Fellow, a leading trainer in the field in New Zealand, a very experienced mediator/facilitator as well as an experienced representative of parties in mediation. Anna has 3 decades of experience in conflict management and she has in depth knowledge of the range of processes from restorative justice facilitation.
Anna lectured at Auckland University Law School for several years; has been a trainer for the Institute of Judicial Studies delivering to District and High Court Judges and is a regular conference presenter.
Anna has special interest in the Peace Foundation’s work in schools and also in the management of conflict involving the elderly (Member Elder Mediator Australasian Network ‘EMAN’ Committee).
Moira’s background is 30+ years of mediation experience across the areas of Family Court and health and energy sector disputes.
She’s Massey University and Resolution Institute trained and accredited and is a Resolution Institute Mediation Accreditation assessor and trainer.
Moira develops and delivers complaint management training to frontline staff and is a past winner of a LEADR practitioner award for significant contribution to ADR.
Jon is Senior Consultant, Practice Development at the Diana Unwin Chair of Restorative Justice at Victoria University of Wellington. He is a Fellow of the Resolution Institute, an advanced accredited mediator, family dispute resolution provider and restorative justice facilitator, with endorsements for working with family violence and sexual offending.
Jon’s first career was as a Police Inspector in the Royal Hong Kong Police before completing his Masters in the area of crime and violence, and further studies and training in dispute resolution. Jon is a mediation and restorative justice trainer and assessor.
The course will be led by one or two of these trainers along with our coaching pool of highly experienced mediators.
Your next steps
After graduating from this course, to become accredited you will need to:
Frequently asked questions
Are there member rates for this course?
Where are the terms for refunds and transfers?
Bookings for training are subject to terms and conditions. These can be viewed here.
Is assessment part of this course?
Assessment is not part of the course. Following completion of this course, you can choose to apply for Resolution Institute mediation accreditation assessment.