PDG event | Analysing delays for extension of time with Jonathan Shahady
Tuesday 9 April 2019 | Perth
An overview of the various methods and requirements for analysing delays for the purpose of assessing extensions of time.
Introduction into industry recommended methods, practices, key terms and considerations for selecting the appropriate method for analysing delays.
Comparing and understanding standard contractual requirements for assessing delays:
- Defining Delay:
- To Completion or the Contract Completion Date…Who owns the float?
- For Delay Costs – prescribed rate or additional costs incurred
- Critical path and/or progress of the Works
- Mitigation vs acceleration
- Concurrent causes of delay or overlapping delays.
- Project records
- Programmes – planned, impacted or as-built.
- Delay impact analysis – prospective or retrospective.
About the presenter
Jonathan ShahadyJonathan Shahady is Chairman of the TBH Group which, since the 1960's, has been Australia’s leading specialist project planning and management consultancy.
Jonathan is a civil engineer with over 30 years’ experience. He specialises in the provision of project and contract planning and management services across all industries. Jonathan has amassed considerable project experience working with and advising Governments, Owners, Consultants, Contractors and their Legal Advisors.
Jonathan is a published author and university lecturer. He has presented at and chaired industry conferences. He has contributed to industry standards and recommended practice papers. Jonathan is regularly called upon as a recognised expert and experienced expert witness.
Resolution Institute expresses appreciation to Jackson McDonald for their support of this event.