Learning & events
Mediation Assessment Preparatory Workshop | Online | 7 December 2020
Monday 7 December 2020 | Online
Join this assessment preparatory workshop to prepare for your NMAS accreditation assessment.
- Thoroughly prepare for your video assessment for national accreditation
- Understand what assessors need you to demonstrate for each element of the assessment
- Identify your strengths and areas for development
- Gain practical knowledge and skills practice
- Receive coaching on your specific areas for development in small supportive group
- Understand how to progress through the mediation within the allowed time frame
Who is this training for?
- Candidates for video assessments preparing for national accreditation
- Previously accredited mediators applying for re-accreditation
- Completed a NMAS-approved Mediation course or equivalent.
- Submitted online pre-workshop material as outlined below
Preparation for the workshop
Complete online written work designed to:
- Focus you and lay a foundation for a mediation mindset
- Identify gaps in your understanding and knowledge of the mediation process and skills
- Help you consider challenges that may arise
The pre-workshop material will be sent prior to the workshop. You must submit the completed pre-workshop material as this is a pre-requisite for participation at the workshop.
9am - 5pm (AEDT)
Full participation is required due to the interactive nature of the workshop.
About our trainer
Michelle de Vries
Michelle de Vries is a nationally accredited mediator (NMAS) and registered Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner.
Michelle mediates family law matters on behalf of the Legal Aid Commission of New South Wales and in private practice.
Michelle also provides a wide range of facilitation services or organisations, including the Commonwealth Ombudsman, NSW Victim Services and the Department of Communities and Justice.
Michelle is an experienced provider of adult education and has taught Mediation Skills and Business Law and Ethics for the University of Sydney and University of Technology Sydney respectively and held the position of Mediation Development Advisor for the Resolution Institute.
Your next steps
To become accredited you will need to:
Frequently asked questions
Is assessment part of this course?
Assessment is not part of the course. Following completion of this course, you can sit a mediation accreditation assessment.
How do I access the Assessment Preparatory Workshop?
What do I need on my computer or device to take part in the workshop?
You will ideally need a computer or device with a camera and microphone and good Internet coverage. You will need to make sure that you can access ‘Zoom’ in your browser. You can download and install Zoom prior or as part of the process when you first click the Zoom link.
You may join the Online Workshop from your PC, Mac, Linux or mobile devices (IOS or Android). Click here to learn about:
- Supported operating systems, tablets and mobile devices
- Supported browsers
- Required device processor and RAM
- Join a Zoom test meeting to test your Internet connectivity.
- Check here for recommended Internet bandwidth.
- You will need speakers or headphones to listen to the speaker. Check that your headphones or speakers are connected and the volume is turned on (where applicable).
- You may also need to check the Audio Settings on Zoom once you have logged in.
How can I access technical support?
- Resolution Institute Sydney office : +61 2 9251 3366 (Landline) | 1800 651 650 (Freecall)
- Resolution Institute Wellington office: +64 4 470 0110 (Landline) | 0800 453 237 (Freecall)
Zoom Help Centre
If you require urgent assistance and are unable to reach the Resolution Institute office, please contact Zoom Help Centre and choose Free or Pro plan subscribers - Chat Live to begin the chat session. You will be required to provide the event’s Webinar ID that’s on your confirmation email. Zoom chat support is available 24/7.
Where are the terms for refunds and transfers?
Bookings for training are subject to terms and conditions. These can be viewed here.