Learning & events
ODR Practitioner's Certificate | Online | 11 February - 29 April 2021
Thursday 11 February - 29 April 2021 | Online
Resolution Institute is recognised for its quality programme design, the interactive and experiential emphasis on training activities and the exemplary skills of its facilitators.
This first-of-its-kind online dispute resolution (ODR) certification programme offers hybrid, self-paced experiential learning (live/recorded content) online over a three-month continuous learning journey. It includes ODR training and provides learning opportunities, tools and techniques to apply your skills in a variety of settings within any ODR platform.
Developed in partnership with the Institute of Certification and Training of Lusophone Meditators (ICFML) and Holistic Solutions, Inc. (HSI), the course focuses on giving participants basic skills in the audio, text and video environments.
Content will be delivered in the form of readings (Files or URL’s), audio lectures, chats and threaded discussions with the professors and various global ODR-thought leaders. You will learn by and participating in simulations and other ODR exercises.
Who is this training for?
- Those looking to learn how to communicate effectively online
- Those looking to hone their online dispute resolution skills.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
What the course involves...
Eight live sessions
Group discussion with six ODR-thought leaders
Readings (files or links), audio lectures, chats and threaded discussions with the professors and various global ODR thought leaders
Simulations and other ODR exercises
Downloaded recordings of sessions.
You will learn...
- The origins of ODR and its relationship to dispute resolution
- The use of ODR applications and adapting them into dispute resolution practice
- The use of online tools in a traditional mediation context
- Use of online tools in a traditional mediation context
- The technical knowledge required to improve your skillset
- How ODR relates to the issues of culture and identity.
About the trainers
Ana Maria Maia Gonçalves