Learning & events
Date TBA | Usually Wellington or Auckland
Resolution Institute FDR Workshops are designed for experienced mediators or people who have completed mediation triaing. The workshops focus on the skills and knowledge required for working with families in FDR.
You will learn...
- An overview of mediation in the FDR context
- Screening and Intake and domestic violence, including the provision of a screening tool, a template for intake and safety protocols and safety protocols
- Child welfare, including background on child development and family systems theory
- Use of the facilitative model to focus the parties on the needs of the children
- Working effectively with high emotion
- Cultural issues, diversity and inclusiveness, including background papers on mediating with Mäori and Pacific cultures
- An overview of the Family Justice System and legal issues related to FDR
About the workshop
- Run by an accredited and experienced FDR Provider
- Usually offered as a one day workshop
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is designed for those who are interested in working towards FDR Accreditation, who have already completed mediation training and are working towards or already have mediation accreditation.
A cancellation fee of 30% of the registration fee will apply for cancellations within 2 weeks of the workshop.