Resolving a Dispute
.au domain name disputes
Resolution Institute is an approved independent provider of dispute resolution services in accordance with the auDRP.
The auDRP was adopted by the LEADR Board on 13 August 2001, and in 1st January 2015 LEADR and IAMA joined to become LEADR & IAMA, now Resolution Institute.
The purpose of the auDRP is to provide a less expensive, faster alternative to litigation for the resolution of disputes between the registrant of a .au domain name and a party with competing rights to the domain name.
- Once an Application has been completed and lodged with Resolution Institute, Resolution Institute will assess its administrative compliance with the auDRP and the Resolution Institute Supplemental Rules and will notify the Respondent of the complaint within 3 calendar days (please see Schedule B, 4 (a) auDRP).
- If the Application is found to not be compliant with the auDRP and/or the Supplemental Rules, Resolution Institute will notify the Complainant. The Complainant will have 5 calendar days to amend the application (please see Schedule B, 4(b) auDRP).
- Resolution Institute will notify the Respondent of the Complaint. This will be the commencement of administrative proceedings. Resolution Institute will notify both parties, the concerned registrar(s) and auDA of the date of commencement.
- The Respondent has 20 calendar days from the date of commencement of administrative proceedings to lodge a response to the Complaint.
- When a single member panel is required, Resolution Institute will appoint a panellist. To arrange a 3 member panel, please contact Resolution Institute ph (02) 9251 3366 or via email: email@example.com
- Once the panellist has received the matter, s/he will forward a decision to Resolution Institute within 14 calendar days.
- Resolution Institute will release the decision to both parties, the concerned registrar(s) and auDA within 3 calendar days of receiving the panellist’s decision.
- Application >>
- Response >>
- Decision archive >>
- Fees >>
- auDA policy >>
- Resolution Institute Supplemental Rules >>