Restorative Practice Sector Forum: questions, direction, discussion
with Awatea Mita and a panel of Restorative Justice / Restorative Practice representatives
This session aims to present a snapshot of what is happening in the RJ sector. Awatea Mita will moderate a panel discussion around recent developments, current projects, and future directions. This is an interactive presentation where attendees are encouraged to bring their questions.
Full panel to be confirmed, currently including:
- Everard Halbert (Te Pae Ōranga, NZ Police)
- Jo Wailing (Research Fellow Centre for Restorative Justice, Victoria University of Wellington)
- Mike Hinton (General Manager, Restorative Practice Aotearoa)
- Nyree Lewis (Principal Practice Advisor, Probation Practice, Department of Corrections National Office)
- Roslyn Hefford (Principal Advisor, Department of Corrections National Office)
Awatea Mita (Ngāti Pikiao, Ngāti Porou) is the Restorative Justice Administration Manager at Resolution Institute and previously worked at Restorative Practices Aotearoa as the Office Manager. She is a justice advocate speaking out for equitable outcomes in the criminal justice system with an equal passion for Indigenous rights. Awatea holds a BA in Psychology and Criminology and a minor in Te Reo Māori. She is also currently completing postgraduate studies.