Farm Debt Mediation one year on: updates, outcomes, insights and foresights
with Gwyn Morgan and David Bogan
The farm debt mediation scheme has now been operational for over a year from its launch on 1st July 2020. The purpose of the session is to give some insights into the Farm Debt Mediation process and outcomes and offer considerations for practitioners.
The session will cover the following areas for New Zealand with some Australian comparisons:
- An overview of the Farm Debt Mediation Scheme
- Statistics on Farm Debt Mediations to-date
- Some learnings to date from the Scheme implementation
- Other financial assistance MPI can provide to farmers
- Practical considerations for preparing clients for Farm Debt Mediation
- Further considerations for the practitioner
Ministry of Primary Industries
Gwyn has worked in mediation for over 20 year in the Rural Sector, Local Government, Central Government and Environment Court proceedings.
Currently Gwyn manages the newly established Financial Services work stream for the Ministry for Primary Industries. This has included designing, building & implementing the Farm Debt Mediation Scheme and establishing & implementing additional support services to lift financial capability and financial risk management on farm.
Gwyn is a practicing mediator and a member of Resolution Institute.
Published works on conflict include Co-Author of the International No 1 Bestseller “Avoid Retirement And Stay Alive” Harper Collins, and ‘Author of the Month’ for “What’s Keeping You Awake at Night?”