COVID plan

the COVID plan...it's best to be prepared!We are very hopeful that the conference will go ahead as planned without a COVID interruption. November will likely see a lot of the population vaccinated and the potential of an outbreak much less likely. However, it’s best to be prepared!

Ultimately Resolution Institute will be guided by the Government as to what is required.

Resolution Institute is a not-for-profit organisation. If our conference is adversely affected by COVID we will do our very best to meet all attendees’ needs with refunds, postponement etc. However, Resolution Institute will need to cover any costs it incurs and this will dictate our actions if our conference is COVID affected.

There are two contexts to consider:

  • an Alert Level change prior to or during the conference;
  • and the announcement of a potential community exposure prior to or during the conference.

We want to be totally transparent about what we would do in each of these circumstances.

If Government announce a change to Alert Level 2 or above in Wellington on the days leading into the conference, or if there was a snap change on the actual morning of Day 1 prior to the conference beginning, the conference will be postponed to future dates (held in place with the Hotel, within 6 months of our November dates).

  • we would communicate this change with our registrants by email if it was within the days leading in,
  • if it was a snap change on Day 1 prior to our start time we would attempt to urgently contact attendees on the mobile number given as part of your registration.

In this circumstance we would not automatically offer a refund, we would apply your registration to the postponed event, however in special circumstances a refund could be considered.

If your accommodation was booked with Rydges this would be able to be cancelled and refunded in this situation.

Please book your travel and accommodation with flexibility in mind.


If Government announce a change to Alert Level 2 or above in Wellington once the conference has begun e.g. between day 1 and day 2
In this circumstance Resolution Institute would need to comply and therefore the conference would be stopped. No refund could apply in this circumstance. We would look to run the conference workshops that had not yet run at a future date online as a replacement for registrants.


If the Alert Level changes outside of Wellington (but the Alert Level in Wellington does not change from Alert Level 1) and this prevents you from travelling to Wellington
In this circumstance the conference would still run. Our agreement with the hotel allows postponement only if Wellington goes to Alert Level 2 or above. If a participant was not able attend in this circumstance, Resolution Institute could look to offer a partial refund dependent on the costs Resolution Institute had already incurred.


If a potential community exposure was announced but not an Alert Level change in Wellington in the days leading up to the conference (e.g. the Wellington scenario in June 21)

In this circumstance the conference would still run. If a participant decided not to come due to this circumstance, Resolution Institute could look to offer a partial refund dependent on the costs Resolution Institute had already incurred.


If a potential community exposure was announced but not an Alert Level change during the conference
In this circumstance the conference would continue. No refund could be offered.