About my services
My purpose - to support individuals, families, people, their organisations and communities to navigate their changing relationships in their worlds.
We live in a world that is ever changing and too often, people struggle to cope with this change. I help you get out of unhelpful patterns of thinking and behaviours to find new ways to have different conversations with others; by helping you walk towards a new purpose, where you take personal control on the choices you make with the challenges of life.
Relationships are a fundamental reference point, anchoring us in, and to, our lives. Through our personal and professional relationships, we find meaning, purpose, joy and connection. I help you to understand the shifting sands in relationships.
The key to my success is my proficiency in conflict resolution and facilitative negotiation techniques. Using a dual lens of highly specialised clinical expertise and experience, and excellence in professional and personal development and growth, my specialty services and consultancy include:
• Family Dispute Resolution (FDR) and Mediation
• Restorative Justice/ Restorative Engagement Conferences
• Group Facilitation
• FDR Clinical Supervision (individual and group)
• Conflict Coaching
• Training, Education and Development including:
- Conflict resolution /ADR processes (FDR and Mediation)
- Working with challenging behaviours
- Critical Reflective Practice
- Team building
- Ethics in Family Dispute Resolution
- Restorative practices in FDR
- Training offerings are tailored to individual requirements
Experience and qualifications
In her clinical Dispute Resolution practice, Jodie is a Family Dispute Resolution (FDR) Practitioner and Mediator with over 16 years of experience. This work includes Family Dispute Resolution (assisting separating couples with parenting and property matters), Family Mediations, Parent-Adolescent Mediations, Elder Mediations and Workplace Mediations.
Jodie’s training roles have focused on building professional best practice and is recognised for her expertise. These roles include;
- developing and running nationally recognised training courses (accredited and non-accredited) specifically the Graduate Diploma of Family Dispute Resolution and 5-day Mediation course (previously as Program Leader of the Family Dispute Resolution and Mediation Education - Relationships Australia Victoria)
- regularly guest lectures at La Trobe University and Melbourne University for Law students
- coaching for College of Law and Monash University Law faculties
- sessional seminar teacher at La Trobe University – Law - Dispute Resolution subject
- developing and running a range of other Professional Development training options and short courses both specialised and general, tailored programs within the Not for Profit (NFP) sector, community services, welfare, education and legal services fields with topics including ethical practice, separation, conflict resolution and coaching.
Jodie has acted as a Restorative Engagement Facilitator for the Defence Abuse Response Taskforce (DART) since 2014. She continues to work as a specialist Restorative Engagement Facilitator for the Commonwealth Ombudsman – DEFENCE and is on the List of Facilitators for the National Redress Scheme for a Facilitated Direct Personal Response, from government and non-government agencies. Jodie also contracts privately to facilitate direct responses and is passionate about introducing restorative engagement concepts into other Dispute Resolution areas.
Jodie holds a Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Social Work, Masters of Conflict Resolution (specialising in Family Law Mediation), (Vocational) Graduate Diploma in Family Dispute Resolution and a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.