About my services
Child focused Parenting Plans and financial agreements resolved by Christine Bennett who has over 22 years experience working with couples.
Experience and qualifications
Qualifications and Memberships:
- Vocational Graduate Diploma of Family Dispute Resolution
- Certificate of Completion - Child Inclusive Mediation and Counselling (Jennifer E McIntosh)
- Certified Imago Relationship Therapist
- Master of Applied Science - Social Ecology with major studies in The Critical Perspectives of Psychological Practices (University of Western Sydney, 1998)
- Graduate Certificate in Counselling skills (Australian College of Applied Psychology, 1995)
- Working with Children Clearance: WWC0431808E
- Professional Member Resolution Institute
- PACFA Mental Health Practitioner( Reg. Clinical 20566)
Christine has been helping couples for over 22 years. The personal non-judgemental approach that is important with counselling is even more so with Family Mediation and Child Inclusive Practice.
Often emotions are running high for the couple who are separating, sometimes after a long period of living together. When children are involved, there is even more emotional investment in the outcome of how the children will be cared for following separation.
It is therefore important that both parties are heard by an impartial facilitator where the needs of the children are considered foremost in reaching agreement for Parenting Plans that hold the children's best interest foremost in mind..
Christine takes a child focused approach to mediation and if appropriate a Child Consultant can be appointed to offer a voice to children with parent's consent. In low conflict situations, I am prepared and qualified to offer both roles of Child Consultant and Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner.
This is an important option for parents to consider as it is often the children who suffer most in family breakup. Even though the parents themselves are suffering pain, this is often so intense that children's needs can be overlooked.